How to do the tagging:
Posted by Crista at 11:14 PM
I am grateful for many things. I am grateful to have a caring husband who is good to me and our 2 children. I am grateful for healthy beautiful children, a boy and a girl who are the light of my life. I am grateful that my family is healthy and has food in their belly, clothes on their backs, and a roof on their heads. I am also grateful for the friends I have made and have maintained.
Thank you to Pinay Jade for the great blog idea!
In order to be able to achieve and maintain happiness we need to, actively, be able to do two things:
Complain and then let go (Dump the baggage, the roadblocks to happiness.)
Express Gratitude (The open expression of gratitude promotes happiness.)
After all everyone has something to be grateful for and/or something to complain about. If you would like to share, please follow the appropriate link and do so: "Are You Grateful?", "Complain Complain Complain."
Add your name to the current List of Contributors: 1-Attitude, the Ultimate Power 2-Max 3-DianaCA's Metamorphoses 4-Mental Poo 5-My Thoughts 6-Baba Doodlius 7-Wake Up America 8-Life is a Roller Coaster 9-Life is beautiful 10-The Domestic Goddess
Posted by Crista at 10:07 PM
I have clicked on so many interesting stories and posts thanks to entrecard. I have earned so many points just by dropping my card on sites. I would have to say this is one of the best blog advertising sites I ever found just by stumbling upon someone's blog! If anyone thinks blogging doesn't sell nor advertise well they are seriously mistaken!
I have my regular droppers and I am not the one to just open blogs just to drop my card. If I see any interesting post I will comment. Don't get me wrong I will drop my card but I will definately leave my 2 cents! I love to learn about new and exciting things so keep reading and if you would like to recommend me on entrecard that would be lovely too! I will definitely return the love so you don't have to worry about that!
If you are a regular blogger check out entrecard, you won't be disappointed!
After about a year of the myspace blog drama I have been posting on here. I had me a lovely stalker for awhile which was nice..../end sarcasm. I just love being on someone's mind all the time enough for her to check out my profile and blogs. Talk about no life (and not me for once!)
But I love blogging on here because not too many people I know know about this blog and if my stalker finds it then I guess I'm still on her mind!
So anyway, I hope you still continue to check out my blog because I continue to post more in the future about my likes (and dislikes).
I plan on posting my ode to Rachael Ray soon too! Yeay!
Posted by Crista at 12:19 AM
Well, I got most of my schoolwork done! I'm so glad my classes are self paced which means that as long as I have all my assignments turned in by May I'm good! With 2 kids and a crazy life I need that! Well, little miss is letting me know she's awake and Mr hyperman wants me to play with him...oh the life of a mom!
Posted by Crista at 9:17 AM
Well, not technically but since I decided to go check out some of my favorite blogs I came across my blogaholics blog and saw the latest post.
Here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged
So, here’s mine:
1. My favorite color is green.
2. My favorite TV show is The Young and the Restless.
3. My favorite food is chicken.
4. My favorite ice cream is Karmel Sutra from Ben and Jerry's.
5. My favorite kind of music is country.
6. My favorite vacation spot is Key West.
7. My favorite computer game is The Sims 2.
Once again- feel free to play along if you want to.I'm going to do Meme Monday tomorrow if I have time!
Posted by Crista at 7:32 PM
So my hubby went and took my parents to the airport tonight and don't think for once I didn't feel like I was 18 again and leaving my parents to go off into the cold dark world on my own. I don't know why I get that all the time because I have been married to my husband for 7 years (today!). I guess because I always got anything I needed from my parents. My sister and I were never without even when my dad first joined the army and we were poor as hell. I never remembered a time where we didn't have food or shelter because we always had those necessities.
But lemme stop before I make a mess of myself. I always get depressed and quiet right before I had to be away from my parents. My mom drives me nuts but I don't know what I'd do without her and my dad is crazy and I love him. I can tell my mom anything and not be shy. That is how she raised my sister and I, to be independent women who are outspoken and really don't give a damn.
I really need to be studying for my 2 classes but I am slacking. I suppose I should do them tomorrow since its Sunday and we don't do anything on that day. Today was Easter for us so mom could take pictures of Braden dying Easter eggs. He liked that. A friend of mine came over with her 2 kids and her oldest had fun dying eggs and making cookies.
I think I will close out this blog, I thought about writing more but its really late and I should be reading my book. Maybe another one tomorrow.
Posted by Crista at 1:12 AM
Other than my addiction to Joe Tech blog and winning some entrecard points and winning text ads I had been slacking on my own blogging! Well, I have a good excuse, my parents are here for a few days which have been nice especially since the kids have other people to bug than me!haha But I'm still here and keeping busy. The hubby and I have date night tomorrow night for once! I am excited about that, we don't spend time together just us so we really deserve it! I have been trying to get us to get orders closer to the parents so we'll have more date nights but we'll see about that. Well, my cat decided to lay her butt in front of my monitor so I guess that means I need to log off for the night!
Posted by Crista at 10:27 PM
Well, I have accomplished some things! I actually got some well needed housework done and got my homework for my classes turned in on time! Being a stay at home mom, Avon lady, army wife, student I am suprised I have time to blog...but then again I don't go to bed til 1 a.m. most days! We moms need more hours thats for sure! My parents will be here tomorrow so that will take some burden off my shoulders and I get to relax some!
Posted by Crista at 2:25 PM
40 Tips for an Exceptional, Healthy & Powerful Life in 2008!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Record your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to ____ today."
5. Live with the 3 E’s -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured by people.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice bed sheets, Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. So stop complaining about the weather, the job, the bills, etc.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: " I am thankful for ___." Today I accomplished ____.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pace. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
Posted by Crista at 12:34 AM
So I turned 28 on the 12th. Some people ask me if I feel 28, not really. I feel like I'm 16 who is married with 2 kids. I hate that I'm coming up on the bit 3-0. I don't know why. I have been so secretly emotional lately that I actually let out my feelings on my blog on cafemom. I'm scared that I did because of the new friends I had met but I just needed to let it out. I am trying not to let my emotional side out on this blog because of the fact that people I hardly know come on here and read it so I'm just keeping it fun and fabulous just like me! haha.
Posted by Crista at 3:06 PM
So I started my classes today. I am taking 2 for my culinary degree. One is Sanitation and Safety and the other is Computers in Hospitality. I am hoping I will breeze through it with no problem. I'm pretty good at writing but I have a heck of a time remembering things which is why I take so many notes and jot random things down all the time. I love learning new things and I always look forward to another semester of college which is funny because I never looked forward to going to school when I was growing up! I guess we change as adults when it comes to education. I look forward to going through college and finally getting my degree!
Posted by Crista at 11:47 PM
After I got my hair chopped and layered I took a pic of myself assuming that I probably looked like crap anyway and I just took it to show my friends and family what my new 'do looked like and damn do I look hawt! hehe I have been on weight watchers for a few weeks now so I'm hoping it will pay off in the long run...which reminds me I need to update my other blog soon!
Speaking of hot, we had a heatwave here in Alaska lately...49 degrees!! Yeay!
Posted by Crista at 8:53 PM
I was a little impatient a week after I planted some seeds (Catnip and basil). I checked on them this morning to water them and little sprouts are coming up! The plant killer is good again! I am so happy that I actually got seeds to grow! I yelled to my hubby "Hey look, my plants are growing" and he sarcastically said "Well, thats what happens when you plant them and water them". I smirked back and said "I NEVER got seeds to grow before so shut up!"
So yeah, I'm happy!
Posted by Crista at 8:49 PM
My son usually takes a nap with his toys but this day was an exception. I don't know what made him want to sleep with his chair in his bed but he did! I was suprised that my cat was in bed with him with that chair...she is courageous indeed! She sleeps in his bed at night but doesn't really want to have anything to do with him during the day, I think that may be because he loves to beat her up with his toys! Sometimes I am finding him in bed naked because he took his diaper off which is not a good thing for me because then I have to change his bedding! Oh goodness I can't wait to get him to go potty and not have to worry about diapers anymore (except for the baby of course!)
Posted by Crista at 10:00 PM
Well, each time I go to the commissary/PX I always pass by the different concessionaires down the hallway between the two stores (For civilians the commissary is a grocery store and a PX is a department store). I always pass by this guy who is about a year younger than me making different characters out of pipe cleaners. He tells me that he has been doing this since he was 8 years old...thats about 20 years! The characters are really amazing and what is really unique about them is that he doesn't use ANY kind of adhesive, no tape, glue, nothing! You have to check out his website! Not sure if he'll ship them out of Alaska but if you ask nicely he might!
Posted by Crista at 9:30 PM
So I came across this website called The Selfish Bastard and decided to check it out. I really thought this poster was great! They posted these pictures of what you are and aren't supposed to do with a baby and it made me LOL...literally! You will have to check it out to see what I mean. His humor and wit really made me want to read more!
Posted by Crista at 9:28 PM
So I found this link posted on my blog group on yahoo and decided to check it out! Its for women only and if you want some extra traffic check out the link on the left side or go here
I love finding different ways to accumulate more traffic to my blog because I always have something to say and love when people give me feedback! So I suggest you join the party and lets make some new friends!
Posted by Crista at 3:22 PM
I was reading all the hype about hummus and was reluctant to try it. It just didn't look or sound appealing to me. I finally gave in because if I'm going to be in the culinary field I need to try everything! I bought a small container of it and dipped a spoon in to sample some.
OH. MY. GOD
Sooo good! It tastes like bean dip! I got the roasted sweet pepper kind and you can taste the sweetness of the peppers and the flavor of the chickpeas. I also got a hint of lemon. The taste is phenomenal! I got out a tortilla and went to town. I was extremely amazed at how good it is! I suggest that if you want a great dip go for hummus! I plan on trying more flavors the next time I go grocery shopping!
Posted by Crista at 2:30 PM
I go to either entrecard or my favorite blogs I have posted on here. I just signed up for blogroll so go ahead and add your blog, I would LOVE to read them and comment on the ones I like. I came across a great blog called Crazy/Beautiful/blog and this girl is freakin awesome! I enjoyed reading her posts and it made me laugh. I am adding her as soon as I'm done posting. Check out my favorite blogs and I hope you enjoyed them as much as I do!
Posted by Crista at 6:15 PM
So since I am an Avon rep I decided to be a lab mouse and try out some products. Avon started selling the detox patches you put on the soles of your feet before bed for 3 nights. I saw commercials of a similar product so I decided to try them out. The morning of the first night the patches were black! It looked like my body was full of tar! These patches suck all the bad stuff out of your body and I started feeling so much better! By the third morning the patches were just green (the reason behind that is because there is green tea in them) and no black or anything! I haven't had really bad anxiety after using them so I think I'm going to keep buying them and see how much they improve my health and wellbeing. I truly recommend this product if not through Avon, try the ones they have advertised on TV you'll be amazed at how truly well they work and trust me I was as skeptical as you might be right now too!
Posted by Crista at 11:31 PM
Template by suckmylolly.com : header image font "Beauties by Bill Ward"