There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Don't worry "Household 6" will come to the rescue!


So my sister asked me the other day what "household 6" meant. I had heard it before but really didn't know the exact definition of it, I knew it was something relevant to an army wife.


According to Urban dictionary:


A military man's stay at home wife basically. Here is the entire definition. (It wouldn't let me copy and paste for some reason.)


It really boils down to this: We are the commander of the household and we are in charge of making sure everything gets done...believe it or not, the military wife is the hardest job in the world. I almost punched out overhearing a soldier say that a military spouse is not that big of a job, or the hardest...obviously he never had to do anything but go to work.

*Editors note* Okay, it isn't the hardest job per se but it is pretty difficult to say the least!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

In the Army, the call sign '6' means commander. If you were on the radio and said, "Warrior6/Rakkasan6" everyone would know that it was the commander speaking.

So Household6 simply means commander of the household.

Ashley said...

And I'd have to say that being a military spouse is NOT the hardest job. Hard, yes - but not the hardest. I use the simple logic of the fact that we're not the ones deploying away from loved ones for a years time to be surrounded by people trying to kill us. We live in a relatively happy society that views us as equals. We have family and all the comforts of home. I would never trade what I do for what my husband does, because I'd much rather sleep until 8a rather than get up at 4:45 every morning.

Just saying.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com : header image font "Beauties by Bill Ward"