Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The common misconceptions about Alaska

Ever since McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate all I hear nowadays are celebrities talking off their mouth at crap they know nothing about. Diddy is one of them (and I can't stand him or his opinions)

1. Do you all live in Igloos?

Um no. There are military bases here in Alaska and we live in housing. If you want to see the housing click here
Or better yet:

The front of our house

2. Isn't it always snowing there?

Again, look at the picture. My kids are in onesies and shorts so I think that kinda answers the question.

3. I have to bring up the comment that P. Diddy moron made about black people. He said "Isn't there like no black people there?"

Um, are you a complete moron? Since there are military bases one would think that there are black people living here. There are also Asian, Pacific Islanders, ect.

4. Don't you have like no light there?

Only in the winter we have a couple of hours of day unless you live up in Barrow where there is no day for a few months. (Watch 30 days of Night, it really is like that up there). In the summer we have a few hours of night.

Ok, have I cleared up some misconception of this state? If anyone has any questions that I have not answered please let me know.

And yes, I do like Sarah Palin, and yes, I have done my research.

1 comments:

TroubleX2 said...

I agree...Diddy is a MORON!!!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com : header image font "Beauties by Bill Ward"